Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Anniversary dinner

My 12 year wedding anniversary was a few weeks ago. My husband asked where I'd like to go and I said Watercourse! I have never been to a vegetarian restaurant. I am always the one ordering a salad or if I'm lucky, a veggie burger. My sweet carnivore husband agreed and we had an incredible evening. We started with seitan hot wings (my husband LOVES wings and it used to be a favorite of mine too, 15 years ago). They were incredible. I then had BBQ tofu with mashed potatoes and gravy and Corey had a quesadilla. I was stuffed, but had to order dessert since it was all vegan. I must have had a smile on from ear to ear the entire night. Part of it was just being in a place where people think and feel like I do and of course the other part was connecting with my husband, just the two of us sitting at the bar, talking without interruption and just being with one another. My mom has offered to take me there for my birthday lunch. I will happily go again.

2 comments:

  1. Aww... this is so great! A fantastic veggie restaurant + an open-minded carnivore man = love! I'm so glad you had a nice time there; I just wish I would have ordered dessert on my visit :)

    Also, it's so funny that I posted about Watercourse and you were just there, because you just posted about your 12 year wedding anniversary, and my bf and I just had our 13 year (dating!) anniversary! Same wavelength, anyone?! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary Beth.

    So good to read that you enjoyed your entire meal :D

    ReplyDelete