Sunday, March 7, 2010

One month

So, it's been a month. This is not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. The only animal products still in my diet until they are gone is whey protein and fiber bars and the occasional cookie. Girl Scout cookies are gone finally and I plan on baking my own vegan treats. Whey powder has about 4 servings left, and maybe 6 fiber bars. I've been more studious about reading labels. I have been eating Amy's soy cheese pizza with my family on pizza/movie night. It has casein in it, so not sure what I'm going to do with that though. Baby steps.

One issue is what to eat. My diet is very simple and bland. I don't cook, but if I'm going to do this long term, I'm going to have to learn and make time for it. I've checked out numerous vegan cookbooks at the library. It's just going to take effort to find something I can make and that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment